March 24, 2014

Lay Leadership in Our Church

This post is from the chairs of our education committee, sent out each Monday morning.

Lord, we pray for those who need you the most, and we pray for those who think they need you the least.

Good morning everyone,

The above prayer is part of the morning meditation on one of the mornings on the Walk to Emmaus. It has always stuck with me and I have been thinking about it a lot recently. On Saturday morning, I brought my kids to the church to once again help with the water ministry. If you have not had a chance to help with this ministry yet, I encourage you to give it a try! With 90% of our community expressing that faith is not an important part of their lives, it is more important than ever to spread the good news! These are the people who need God the most, but feel they need God the least. 

I was reminded of the above prayer again yesterday when the pastor spoke about fellow Christians who through their own judgmental ways, persecute other believers. I think we have probably all been guilty of this at some point in our faith journeys when we feel someone is not following Christ as we think they should. At that moment, WE are the ones who need God the most, but may be calling on Him the least. 

I personally have a person in each category in my life right now. I have one who is a non-believer and I have one who feels their spiritual journey is far above my own. So what do you do? PRAY, PRAY, and PRAY some more. We simply have to lift these people to God and allow Him to work in their lives. We also have to listen for God because He may call on us to be the one to make a difference in their lives. So today Lord, we pray for those who need you the most and we pray for those who think they need you the least. Bless our lives so we can be a blessing to those you put in our path. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment