February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day

They will know we are Christians by our love. I certainly hope so.

Clergy marriages are just like other people's. Some are strong and thriving. Some are floudering and falling apart. Some are supportive and some are abusive. Some are a little of all of these things. But whatever the state of your marriage, I hope you take time today and do something special together. I hope you set aside some time for just the two of you.

When we had little kids, it was especially hard to steal away time for just the two of us. And as we know, the church can act like a jealous mistress with many unreasonable and constant demands. So my prayer for you this Valentine's Day is that you both turn off your phones and committ to spend some time together. You don't want to end up like some couples I know, who, when the kids moved away, have nothing to say to each other.

My husband and I are going out to dinner and I am really looking forward to it.

Blessings on you and your marriage.
Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment