December 8, 2011

Ministry for Clergy Spouses

"Be Still" is a ministry in the Indiana Conference for clergy spouses who need a listening ear or a word of encouragement. I am putting together an information booklet to use with the program. I wonder if there are other conferences which have a booklet or information pamphlet given to clergy spouses when his/her spouse begins ministry?

If you are interested in sharing with me and my committee I would be grateful. My email is jreed46038@hotmail.com. Thank you so much for helping.

God, we your children are mindful that we must care for each other in the way that you would. Guide the ministry that is beginning to reach out to those spouses who need your touch. Amen.

Jacquie Reed
Fishers, Indiana

2 comments:

  1. In the Tennessee Conference we do not have such a resource, but it sounds like a good idea. Would you post it as a pdf on the blog when you finish?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our conference doesn't have anything like that. Pretty much on your own. The clergy spouse group doesn't do anything except arrange for cookies and snacks for a spouse room at AC. They started a Facebook group but its pretty much inactive. I think something like that would be helpful, but needs to be followed up in an intentional way. I left the clergy spouse Facebook group because any attempt to deal with an issue was met with trite answers. I asked a question about who people went to when they needed a pastor and I got two responses, both said "I just go to Jesus". Thats all well and good, but I need an actual person to process with. I've just given up.

    ReplyDelete