October 25, 2011

Are You Going to Your Charge Conference?

I have to admit that I don't have much patience for meetings generally and I really don't see the point of much of what we do at Charge Conference. (Ours is tonight on my husband's day "off.") If you are familiar with this meeting, you also know that every District Superintendent does theirs differently. We had one DS who ran through each one in about fifteen minutes. Then we had one DS who liked to hear herself talk, so she kept folks for a couple of very boring hours. You would think these people could read the crowd.

Understanding the reason we have Charge Conference does not help. And it is very uncomfortable to have my husband's salary discussed and voted on. So I don't go. We say we want to revitalize the church, so we have killer meetings instead?!

I just wish we could do the whole thing by email.

Am I alone in this?

Kathy

No comments:

Post a Comment