January 25, 2012

On-line Bible Studying at Your Church?

Today in the church bulletin there was a notice about a new Bible study beginning this month. I was excited because I was hoping to start a new direction in 2012. I read the notice further , and quickly was dismayed - the class was online. Although I knew that many colleges and even high schools have online classes, but a Bible study?????

I remember the rich discussions from numerous Bible studies, including Disciple through the years. I also treasured the prayer support and opportunity to get to know others each week.

Maybe I need to adjust to the times, but I know that I would really miss the aspect of community that comes with studying God's word.

Are there other churches doing online studies?

Jacquie Reed
Fishers, Indiana

2 comments:

  1. We don't, but I'm curious about that too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I crave the personal connection of a group setting. I spend too much time as it is in front of a computer!

    ReplyDelete